Hand food is always great outdoor food and this easy to make Blackened Ling Cod Taco is no exception. Layers of fish and slaw make for the perfect fresh taco.
The fresh lingcod is cooked on the grill, but if you catch something else, it is simple enough to swap for whatever white fish you have. Similarly, if you don’t have a blackening seasoning it can be swapped with a similar fish seasoning. Cooking outdoors is always flexible.
The slaw is a simple yet well-balanced addition to the taco which can be made at home before heading out on the fishing trip. Once all these elements are organized it is just a matter of combining in a tortilla and enjoying.
Blackened Lingcod Taco Recipe
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 white onion thinly sliced
- 1 handfull cilantro
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 1 lime juiced
- salt to taste
- 6 fillets lingcod
- blackening seasoning
- oil as needed
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup salsa verde
- flat top grill or griddle
- Mix the cabbage, onions, cilantro, green onions, and pepper in a bowl. Squeeze in lime and season with salt. Set aside.
- Trim the ling cod if necessary so it is ready to cook. Season with blackening seasoning and salt. Spray with oil.
- Preheat the griddle to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), then oil.
- Add the ling cod to the griddle and cook for about 3 minutes. Turn and cook the other side until browned and cooked through. The cooking time will change depending on the thickness of the cod.
- Spray corn tortillas with oil then lightly season with salt. Cook them on the grill until char marks form. Turn the tortillas and continue until the other side is also marked.
- Make each taco by adding to the tortilla the grilled ling cod then top with the slaw. Feel free to top with your favorite taco condiments like salsas, sauces, and more grilled chilies.
More Taco Recipes
BBQ Grilled Meat
Flank Steak Tacos
Camping Hot Dog Taco