Sweet and spicy, bacon-wrapped chicken thighs are stuffed with jalapeño peppers and grilled to perfection for a tasty dinner.
You can prepare the bacon-wrapped chicken jalapeños ahead of time, and then it’s ready to grill whether you are in your backyard or camping.
For a less spicy dish, carefully remove the seeds from the peppers, before stuffing the chicken. Use your favorite store-bought barbecue rub or make your own.
Bacon Jalapeños Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablepoon all-purpose barbecue rub
- 6 jalapeño peppers quartered and seeded if desired
- 6 rashers bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey to glaze
- 6 toothpicks
- Season the chicken thighs with the all-purpose rub.
- Wrap one chicken thigh around one jalapeño pepper. Repeat with remaining chicken and peppers.
- Tightly wrap the chicken thighs with a strip of bacon, using a toothpick to hold it in place. Lightly season the bacon with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium-high heat until the internal temperature of the chicken is 170 degrees F (75 degrees C) and the bacon is nicely browned.
- Brush with honey to glaze and leave on grill for a few minutes. When the glaze is tacky, remove the chicken from the grill and serve.
BBQ Grilled Appetizer