Fast food has the right idea with some of their quick and easy breakfasts. The bacon and egg muffin is a great example of one of these. Layers of egg, bacon, and ketchup are nestled in a toasted English muffin.
You don’t need to head to a fast food joint for this easy breakfast. It can easily be made on any camping trip. Super versatile, it can be cooked on a fire, gas stove, or grill BBQ with a griddle. All that is needed is a flat cooking surface, four ingredients, and a spatula.
If you are cooking for a group or want to get that fast food effect, try wrapping the sandwich in foil. This way it can sit on a grill to stay warm and makes the washing up a lot easier.
Bacon and Egg Muffin Recipe
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 English muffin
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (tomato sauce), to taste
- frypan skillet, or griddle
- 1 sheet foil
- On a flat-top grill or griddle, gently start to cook the bacon over medium heat. When it renders off a small amount of fat use this to grease the spot where the egg will cook.
- Crack the egg onto the prepared grease spot. Cook to preferred doneness.
- Halve the English muffin and toast the inside by placing it on the skillet or grill until brown.
- Make the sandwich by adding the bacon and egg, then top with ketchup. Tip: Break the cooked egg when it is still runny and spread it over the sandwich. If you bite into an unbroken runny yolk it can get messy fairly quickly.
BBQ Grilled Sandwich