Bacon makes everything better and, yes, that includes chocolate chip banana bread! This is the perfect salty, sweet baked good. The chocolate chip banana bread is moist with the chocolate spread throughout. The bacon is cooked to perfection on the top.
Experiment with the bacon, some like smokey bacon while others a more meaty and salty version. Lardons are quite a chunky piece of bacon that holds their moisture or normal bacon rashers can be used which gives a more crispy outcome.
The banana bread itself is super easy. Add all the ingredients at once and combine, which makes it perfectly simple for outdoor cooking when you don’t want to be dealing with multiple steps in your bread and cakes.
Bacon Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 pound bacon lardons or sliced bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- muffin tin or cupcake tray
- Preheat the camp oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, bananas, butter, eggs, and chocolate chips. Combine well.
- Combine the bacon and sugar so the bacon is evenly coated.
- Grease the muffin tray then add the banana bread mixture. Top the muffins evenly with the sugar-coated bacon.
- Bake in the preheated camp oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before enjoying while still warm.
More Chocolate Chip Recipes
Chocolate Chip Smores
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie