If looking for something quick, tasty, and colorful you can’t go past this stir-fried chicken and bell pepper recipe. This dish is lightly seasoned with rice wine and dark soy sauce. It has a pop of bright colors from fresh bell peppers.
The recipe calls for red and green bell peppers but you can mix it up with yellow or orange, too. If you like heat, you can even spice it up with a little chili pepper. Or, try adding other vegetables, like shredded carrots, snap peas, or canned baby corn.
Stir-frying is a great option while camping as it is so quick and easy. You can cook it over a gas of a camp stove or the hot open flames of a campfire. Make sure you have a nice, heavy pan so that it heats evenly and doesn’t burn the food.
Stir Fried Chicken and Bell Pepper Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- peanut oil as needed for cooking
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken stock or Shaoxing rice wine
- cooked rice for serving
- Trim the chicken breast if required, then cube it into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl whisk the egg white until it starts to become frothy, then add the cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Continue to whisk until well combined. Stir through the chicken breast and put aside until needed.
- Cut the bell peppers into square pieces about the same size as the chicken. Finely dice the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. When it starts to smoke add the chicken and cook while stirring until light brown on the outside.
- Add the bell peppers and garlic and continue to cook until the bell pepper starts to soften.
- Add the soy sauce and chicken stock and stir while cooking until well combined. Serve immediately alone or with rice.