Beef and broccoli stir-fry cooks up in less than 15 minutes, making it quick and easy for your next camping trip. Make sure to use a tender cut of beef, like flank steak, so that it cooks quickly and stays tender. This is a traditional favorite recipe, with a rich sauce.
You can prepare the sauce, beef, and broccoli ahead of time and keep it in a cooler until you are ready for dinner. Then it’s as simple as mixing everything together in your cast iron pan over the fire.
Traditionally, this meal is served over cooked rice. It’s also great served with other grains, like quinoa and couscous, which are easy to cook in the field. In a pinch, you could also serve it with sliced baguette bread.
Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or beef stock
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pound flank steak thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- wok or large skillet
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, stock, water, honey, vinegar, sugar, garlic, 1 tablespoon of oil, cornstarch, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the steak and cook, continually stirring, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli florets and sauce. Simmer until the broccoli is tender and the sauce has thickened about 4 to 5 minutes.