Spicy pineapple chicken is a great combination of sweet, spicy, and sticky flavors. This chicken is quick and easy to prepare and perfect on the grill.
Make sure to give yourself enough time to marinate the chicken for at least one hour to overnight. The marinade is also wonderful used on shrimp, salmon, or other proteins.
With its Asian-influenced marinade of soy, pineapple juice, and hot sauce, this will definitely become one of your summer staples for grilling.
Spicy Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed, plus extra for the pineapple
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and Sriracha. Reserve ¼ cup and set aside.
- In a gallon size sealable plastic bag or large bowl, combine the soy sauce mixture and chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade. In another gallon size plastic bag or large bowl, combine the pineapple and brown sugar.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and pineapple to the grill and cook, flipping once. Baste the chicken with the reserved ¼ cup marinade until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.
More Chicken Recipes
Sriracha Honey Chicken Wings
Glazed Chicken with Couscous