With a handful of spice, Southwest Seasoning is a great condiment to keep in your cupboard. This aromatic blend of spices packs a ton of heat.
Try sprinkling Southwest seasoning on chicken, pork, or fish before it hits the grill. You can also sprinkle this over ground beef, turkey, or lamb and sauté it for taco fillings.
If you like a bit less heat, reduce the amount of cayenne pepper. If you like things spicy, then use more. This rub will keep in an airtight container in a dry cupboard for up to one month.
Homemade Southwest Seasoning Recipe
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Measure the chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, onion powder, coriander, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- Store in an air-tight container.