Quesadillas are a great camping option. This is a simple yet elegant version that uses smoked salmon. The best bit is it doesn’t need to be cooked, just toast the tortillas and assembled.
Unlike traditional quesadillas, this one is a bit more elegant with cream cheese and smoked salmon. Perfect for that special outdoor romantic dinner, or fancy dinner with your friends.
Although quite exotic, the salmon is sold in plastic sealed packages and travels well in the cooler. The other ingredients travel also well. This makes it a great option for eating outdoors.
Smoked Salmon Quesadilla Recipe
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- dill to garnish
- griddle or skillet
- Heat the griddle to a medium-hot temperature. Toast the tortillas until they are slightly brown.
- Lay down two of the tortillas then spread with cream cheese.
- Divide the salmon evenly between the two tortillas. Additional salmon can be used if you are a fan of smoked salmon.
- Spread small sprigs of dill evenly across the salmon.
- Top with the second set of tortillas, then serve.
BBQ Grilled Appetizer