Salmon with lemon caper butter is marinated and grilled to perfection. This is an easy dinner to prepare but will impress your guests at your next cookout.
Salmon cooks quickly because it has a naturally high oil content. Watch the sear marks carefully: if they are too dark on the first flip, turn down the burner so you don’t overcook the flesh.
Serve this easy grilled dish alongside grilled asparagus, red bell peppers, or butternut squash.
Salmon with Lemon Caper Butter Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon caper juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 pound salmon
- Combine the butter, capers, caper juice, and lemon or lime juice in a sauté pan over medium heat. Stir constantly for 4 minutes.
- Reserve half the marinade to use as a finishing sauce.
- Let the marinade cool and brush it onto the salmon.
- Preheat a grill to medium-low heat.
- Place the salmon, skin-side-down, on the preheated grill. Cook, with the BBQ lid closed for 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully flip the salmon and cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Transfer the salmon to a serving plate.
- Reheat the reserved marinade over medium heat. Drizzle the sauce over the salmon to serve.
BBQ Grilled Seafood