Chargrilled salmon fillets are topped with a homemade hoisin and BBQ glaze, for a sweet and tangy flavor. Sprinkled with sesame seeds and green onions, this dish looks as good as it tastes.
Hot off the grill, the salmon is beautifully glazed and garnished with green onions. The sauce is packed with a lot of umami (savory) flavor. Serve this dish with a side of steamed rice or vegetables to catch all of the extra sauce.
Use smoky lump charcoal to add additional flavor to this dish. For the best flavor and texture, choose fresh salmon.
Salmon with Asian Glaze Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds or white sesame seeds, toasted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 fillets salmon
- 2 tablespoons green onions (spring onions) sliced
- lump charcoal
- Add oil and shallots to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until softened.
- Pour in BBQ sauce, hoisin, honey, soy sauce, fish sauce, and toasted sesame seeds. Stir the sauce occasionally for 5 minutes as it cooks. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill with lump charcoal. Once glowing, distribute the salmon evenly onto the preheated grate.
- Brush salmon steaks on both sides with oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- With the grill grate placed close to the coals for high heat, add the salmon and grill on both sides, brushing with the hoisin-BBQ sauce every minute or so. Cook until golden brown and slightly charred.
- Remove from the grill and brush on the remaining sauce. Plate the salmon steaks and garnish with minced green onions.
BBQ Grilled Seafood