Warpig’s Rack of Pork is a simple recipe that yields big flavors. It’s injection brined for tons of flavor and moisture.
Use your favorite brine, rub, and BBQ sauce. You can make your own or buy some choice favorites at the store.
This rack is smoked low and slow at first, then returned to the smoker at a higher heat. BBQ sauce is brushed over the rack, giving it a sweet and sticky final glaze.
Rack of Pork Recipe
- 1 pork rack
- 15 ounces Sweet Brine O’mine Pork Brine or your favorite pork brine recipe
- Birds & Bones “The Slabs Rub” or your favorite rub
- 10 ounces pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- charcoal briquettes
- Prepare the brine as per the packet's instructions.
- Inject the pork rack with the prepared brine and let rest in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Apply the rub generously to the rack and let sit for 1 hour.
- Heat a drum smoker to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Cook the ribs for 40 minutes and then flip sides. Continue to cook the rack to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Remove from smoker and let rest in a pre-warmed cooler or Cambro for at least 30 minutes.
- Increase the heat on the smoker to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C).
- Brush the syrup on all sides of the rack and put it back in the smoker for 10 minutes.
- Brush the BBQ sauce on the rack and let glaze for another 10 minutes.
- Lightly brush with more sauce to both sides and serve.
More Pork Recipes
Double Brine Smoked Pork Loin
BBQ Grilled Meat
Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops
Dutch Oven Main Dish