Praline bacon pig candy is sweet, salty, crunchy, and irresistible. Thick slices of bacon are coated with a maple syrup mixture and dusted with pecans.
Start with the thickest-cut bacon you can find, to get the best texture of bacon candy. Add more or less cayenne pepper, depending on how spicy you like it.
This treat is a pure indulgence. Eat it as is, or top the ultimate burger, BLT, or serve alongside your morning eggs.
Praline Bacon Pig Candy Recipe
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound thick-cut peppered bacon
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon Kosmo’s Q Killer Bee Honey Rub or your favorite sweet rub
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- enclosed BBQ or camp oven
- Preheat the barbecue to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C).
- Mix ¼ cup syrup and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Generously coat both sides of bacon with brown sugar. Arrange the bacon on a wire rack inside a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until the sugar starts to caramelize and the bacon just starts to crisp about 15 minutes.
- Brush each slice with the syrup mixture and bake another 5 minutes.
- Flip the bacon over and brush with the syrup mixture. Dust with the pecans and sprinkle with the rub. Bake for 3 minutes more.
- Carefully brush with the remaining syrup and bake for 3 minutes.
- Flip each slice and dust with the remaining pecans. Let it sit for 5 minutes and enjoy.
BBQ Grilled Appetizer