Perfect on a hot day, this no bake lemon cheesecake is light and refreshing compared to its baked counterpart. The base is made from whipped cream and cream cheese. A little bit of gelatin helps keep it stable and firm since it is not baked.
Fresh lemons provide the main flavor for this dessert using both the juice and zest (grated yellow part of the lemon skin). The tart nature of the flavoring adds to the refreshing characteristics of the tart. Make sure to wash the lemons first before zesting them.
The crust is a traditional crumb base, however, the recipe doesn’t specify what crumbs to use. Generally, this can be any plain style crisp biscuit or cookie, such as digestives, graham crackers, or vanilla wafers. Try it with different crumbs and see what you like best.
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups cookie crumbs
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup whipping cream (thickened cream)
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- pie tin or cake tin
- Combine the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and mix well.
- Tip the crumbs into the pie tin then press into the base and sides of the tin to create a pie crust. Chill to set the butter.
- Whisk the cream until it is lightly whipped and holding a soft peak.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and soft.
- In a cup combine the hot water with the gelatin and whisk with a fork until dissolved.
- Add the sugar, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and dissolved gelatin to the cream cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Gently fold through the whipped cream.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the prepared crust. Chill until ready to serve or at least 1 hour.