Though technically an appetizer, Mediterranean Grilled Bruschetta is so hearty it can be served as a light meal. Thick slices of focaccia bread are topped with chicken, feta cheese, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes.
The chicken is best when it can marinate for a while to absorb the flavors of the vinaigrette. Three hours is great, but if you have time to refrigerate it overnight, that’s even better.
Try different combinations on the focaccia bread, the combinations are endless! Other options include roasted peppers and garlic, fresh herbs, or even anchovies.
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Bruschetta Recipe
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/4 cups Greek vinaigrette salad dressing
- oil for grilling
- 4 cups fresh spinach torn
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed without oil, chopped
- 1 loaf focaccia bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- B&B Texas Trinity Rub or your favorite seasoning
- oak lump charcoal
- grill grates
- Place the chicken and 1 cup of Greek vinaigrette in a sealable plastic bag. Marinate in the cooler for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Light the charcoal and burn until hot and glowing. Preheat the grill grates until they are nice and hot, then lightly oil.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Discard any remaining marinade. Grill the chicken for 7 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear and the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove the chicken from the heat, set it aside to cool, then chop or shred to your preference.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked chicken, spinach, feta, olives, tomatoes, and remaining dressing.
- Slice the focaccia loaf in half, horizontally, front to back, then cut into 3-inch (8cm) squares. Brush both sides of the sliced focaccia bread with olive oil, then sprinkle lightly with the B&B Trinity Seasoning.
- Cook the focaccia bread for 1 minute per side on the grill, or until lightly toasted. Remove from the heat and place on a serving platter.
- Spoon the chicken mixture onto the toasted focaccia and enjoy.
More Chicken Recipes
BBQ Grilled Meat
Grilled Chicken Parma
Grilled Chicken Alfredo
BBQ Grilled Meat