Turkey breasts are a very lean piece of meat, this is a unique seasoning method, bathing the turkey in herb-infused oil before being grilled over medium heat to produce a moist barbecued meal.
Although this is my favorite flavor blend, it can be tweaked to your personal flavor.
The seasoned oil can be used to baste the turkey while starting the cooking process, but remember the oil has had raw turkey in it so ensure that it cooked well before serving.”
Grilled Turkey Breast Recipe
- 4 small turkey breasts or 1 really large
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 lemons juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- small pot
- In a pot gently heat the oil with the garlic. When it starts to sizzle add the lemon juice, paprika, thyme, oregano, and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, for the flavors to blend. Let cool.
- Rinse the turkey breasts then pat dry. Remember when cooking them on the BBQ you want them all the same thickness so they are all ready at the same time. If using a single large turkey breast you can cut it into slices or get prepared for a much longer cook time.
- Add the turkey to the cooled marinade in the pot then leave in the cooler for at least 2 hours.
- Using charcoal, briquettes, or gas heat the BBQ to a medium temperature.
- Remove the turkey from the marinade. Place the turkey on the BBQ skin side down (if it still has skin on). Cook for about 30 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Check the turkey is cooked all the way through before serving, cooking time can change based on BBQ temp and meat thickness. The finished temperature is 165 deg F (75 deg C).