Grilled shrimp and scallops are easy to prepare and make a great appetizer or main dish. You can skewer the shrimp and scallops, or if they are large enough, cook them loose on the grill.
Shrimp and scallops are delicate, so always be gentle and turn them carefully. Soak the wooden skewers ahead of time, at least 30 minutes, and up to overnight, to prevent them from burning on the grill.
Serve the seafood with lemon wedges and chopped fresh herbs. They also go nicely with potato salad, mixed into a green salad, or with rice pilaf, for a complete meal.
Grilled Shrimp and Scallops Recipe
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 pounds shrimp (approx 21-24 count)
- 2 pounds large sea scallops
- wooden skewers
- Place the butter, lemon juice, garlic, and Old Bay seasoning in a large mixing bowl; combine well with a whisk.
- Add the shrimp and scallops and toss well to coat.
- Using two skewers about 1-inch apart, begin to thread the shrimp and scallops on separate skewers (as they cook at different rates).
- Preheat the grill to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cook the scallops for 5 minutes and turn once before adding the shrimp to the grill. Turn the shrimp after 2 to 3 minutes, and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Remove the shrimp and scallops from the grill and serve immediately.
Dutch Oven One Pot Meals