Grilled Alaskan king crab is a killer dish to impress your friends. Grilling crab gives it a spectacular flavor, with the hint of smoke while the delicate seafood steams in the shell.
Serve this crab alongside the melted herb butter for a simple presentation. If you like, offer your guests other sauces, like aioli, mayonnaise, or your favorite dipping sauce. You can also serve the crab legs with grilled carrots, squash, asparagus, or pineapple.
Eating crab can be a messy business, so be sure to lay down some newspaper on the table and offer plenty of napkins alongside your crab crackers.
Grilled Alaskan King Crab Recipe
- 16 Alaskan king crab legs (4 per person)
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- small dipping bowls or ramekins
- Preheat a grill to medium-low heat
- Grill the crab legs for 8 to 10 minutes if fresh or 12 to 15 minutes if frozen, with the lid closed. Turn after 5 minutes. The crab is done when you see a trace of sizzling natural juices on the grill.
- Whisk the ingredients together and divide among small dipping bowls.
BBQ Grilled Appetizer