Light, refreshing, and simple to make, Flat Iron Steak Salad combines dried fruit, Feta cheese, and fresh greens. The steak cooks in about 10 minutes and is packed with flavor. The remaining ingredients are easy to find in your refrigerator and pantry.
Flat iron steak is cut from the shoulder area of the cow, which yields a flavorful, but sometimes tough cut of meat. You’ll want to cook this cut until medium-rare and thinly slice it against the grain, to keep it tender. If flat iron is not available, flank steak, from the belly muscle, is a great substitute.
This recipe takes on a Mediterranean flavor profile with dried fruit, Feta cheese, and Greek salad dressing. You can swap these ingredients out with similar ones, to travel the world in flavors. Try bell peppers and Italian dressing, or cucumbers and sesame dressing.
Flat Iron Steak Salad Recipe
- 1 pound Marble Ridge Specialty Farms flat iron steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups fresh baby lettuce mix
- 1/2 cup diced dried fruit
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek salad dressing
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Lightly oil the grate.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper, and let it come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill the steak until the desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, 130 degrees F (60 degrees C). Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- Place the lettuce on a large platter. Top with the dried fruit and cheese, then sprinkle with the salad dressing. Layer the meat slices on top and serve immediately.
BBQ Grilled Meat
BBQ Grilled Meat