This simple and easy lunch or dinner is a great way to help children transition from chicken nuggets into more mature meals and flavors. Even though it’s simple, it is still tasty enough for the adults to enjoy, too.
The chicken nuggets can be easily cooked in a camp oven or fried on a BBQ or in a skillet. For a bit better quality swap up to chicken tenders. Then it is just a matter of adding them to your favorite wrap fillings.
This wrap starts fairly basic with lettuce, tomato, and grated cheese. As your kids become more adventurous, you can add different salads and vegetables to the wraps.
Chicken Nugget Wraps Recipe
- 1 pound frozen chicken nuggets
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 green onion (spring onion), thinly sliced
- 6 large tortillas
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 springs cilantro (coriander)
- Bake the chicken nuggets per the packet directions in a camp stove.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and green onions. Combine well.
- Spread the tortillas with the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the chicken nuggets, tomatoes, grated cheese, and cilantro.
- Wrap the tortilla around the filling tightly.
- If not eating immediately, you can use a toothpick to hold the wraps together.
More Chicken Recipes
Grilled Chicken and Corn Quesadilla
BBQ Grilled Meat
Grilled Jerk Chicken Tacos
I tried it and it was ok