Yogurt is layered with berries, then topped with cereal. It is a healthy yet pretty breakfast packed with protein, making it great for camp mornings when you don’t want to cook.
Feel free to substitute the berries with any fruit such as fresh seasonal fruit, frozen fruit, canned fruit, or something you have foraged locally. The yogurt flavor can be changed to match or just use plain Greek yogurt.
These photos use a strawberry cereal. However, it can be substituted with granola, muesli, or other cereal of your choice. If health-conscious however be cautious about the choices. Some cereals and sweet yogurts can have more sugar than a candy bar!
Camping Breakfast Parfait Recipe
- 1 pound berries (strawberry, raspberries, or similar)
- 1 large tub yogurt (plain, vanilla, or berry)
- 1 cup of your favorite cereal
- 4 disposable plastic cups
- Prepare the berries; clean and slice if necessary.
- Set four plastics cups on a work surface.
- Layer in the cups evenly in order of yogurt, berries, yogurt, berries, yogurt.
- Sprinkle the top of the yogurt with your favorite cereal.
- Serve immediately or chill until needed.
- If chilling, don’t add the cereal until just before serving, otherwise it will become soggy.