These beer battered onion rings make a tasty side or addition to a burger.
Although deep frying isn’t a common method while cooking outdoors it has always had a place and is gaining popularity again.
This is a nice option for a relatively common fried item that is easy to make.
Beer Battered Onion Rings Recipe
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 3/4 cup larger beer
- 2 large onions
- 1 quart canola oil
- large pan or deep fryer
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, egg, salt, pepper, and beer. It is ok if it is slightly lumpy.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Slice the onions into thick rounds, then separate to create the rings. Place into a cooler to keep cold until needed for best results.
- Place the oil in a large pan, for safety it should not be higher than one-third up the pan. When deep frying the bubbles and similar can expand and it is very dangerous for it to overflow into a live flame. Heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Once the 30 minutes is up, and the oil is at temperature, batter the onions in small batches making sure they have space to fry. Continue in small batches until all cooked.
- Serve hot with your favorite condiments.