Banana pudding is a popular dessert that is perfect for camping as it is so easy to make. It can be made as a single dish or, as in these instructions, made in small individual serving glasses.
It is not only ideal to make ahead, but actually needed to get the cookies in it to soften before eating. A fresh cookie can be added on the top to provide some texture and crunch when eating.
There are two versions of this recipe using the same ingredients, depending if you like a crunchy or a soft, smooth version. The smooth one can also be a bit trickier to make in the outdoors or if you have limited time. They both taste the same.
Banana Pudding Recipe
- 1 packet instant banana pudding
- 20 vanilla wafers or plain biscuits
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup milk (or as per packet directions)
- 6 vanilla wafers, to garnish
- 6 serving jars or 1 large bowl
- Make the banana pudding as per the packet directions. Put aside to set.
- Crumble the wafers or biscuits. Peel and slice the banana.
- Layout the serving jars. Evenly divide the wafers across the bottom.
- Using half the pudding, place a layer of the set mixture over the crumbled wafers.
- Spread the sliced bananas over the top of the pudding.
- Top the banana with the remaining pudding. Place in the cooler until ready to serve.
- Crumble the wafers until fine like breadcrumbs. Peel and slice the banana.
- Place a layer of the wafer crumbs in the bottom of jars until all are used.
- Top the crumbs with the sliced bananas divided evenly among the jars.
- Make the banana pudding as per the packet directions. Immediately pour the pudding evenly into each jar while still runny.
- Place in a cooler to set and keep cold.
- Garnish with a new waffer just before serving.
Dutch Oven Dessert
BBQ Grilled Dessert