If looking to bring a new fresh flavor to camping try these Asian Shrimp Foil Packs cooked over the campfire. Not only are the flavors fresh and new, the recipe couldn’t be easier to make. You can also customize the packets with your favorite spices and vegetables. The best part is that this meal is served directly in the foil packet, for a clean-up free meal.
This foil pack packs a very Asian punch with the use of garlic, ginger, and lemongrass in a soy sauce and chicken stock broth. This is the flavor foundation for cauliflower and shrimp. The cauliflower can be swapped out for other Asian themed vegetables like bok choy, broccoli, or green beans.
Making the sealed foil packet is essential to make sure this recipe works. If not sealed correctly the liquids may spill out or evaporate away, negatively impacting the results. For the best results, make sure to use heavy duty foil, so the packets don’t tear while cooking.
Asian Shrimp Foil Pack Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1 inch lemongrass white part only, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 pounds shrimp
- 1/2 head cauliflower broken into 1-inch pieces
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 1 sprig cilantro leaves removed
- 2 large sheets foil approx. 3 feet each
- Using the foil, create foil bags to put the ingredients in. Fold in half to create a dual-layer. Fold in half, fold one inch over on each side, and then fold this in half again to create a firm and secure side and a pouch to place the ingredients.
- In a small bowl add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, stock, soy sauce, and shoaxing rice wine. Stir well.
- Prepare the shrimp by removing the shells and deveining them. You may remove all the shells or leave the tail on.
- Add the shrimp and cauliflower to the foil pouches. Divide the stock mixture between the two foil pouches, mixing if the solids have settled to make sure the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Fold the remaining open side of the foil pouch to completely seal the foil packet.
- Place over a campfire. Cook until the package heats and puffs up, this typically takes about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Criss-cross cut the top of the packet from corner to corner to open. Be careful of any steam that could be very hot. Roll the edges of the foil to create a serving dish.
- Garnish the shrimp and cauliflower with the sliced spring onions and cilantro leaves.
BBQ Grilled Seafood
BBQ Grilled Appetizer
Two Pot Meal