Infused with alder smoke and with a bright hint of lime juice and zest, Alder Wrapped Cilantro Lime Shrimp is the perfect appetizer or first course. You only need a few ingredients to make this stellar dish.
It’s best to use fresh limes for this recipe, not bottled lime juice and zest. With so few ingredients, you really want everything to be at its best.
If you don’t have shrimp on hand, fish chunks can be substituted. Add at least 5 minutes to the cooking time for fish.
This recipe is from Tiffany’s book Plank It! Wrap It!. To buy this book, and many more, visit here.
Alder Wrapped Lime Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- 2 limes juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 prepared grilling papers
- Preheat a grill or oven to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C).
- Shell and devein the shrimp.
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, add the shrimp and marinate for 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Place the papers on a flat surface and evenly distribute the shrimp down the middle. Fold the papers with the grain and close, securing with a metal paper clip or heat-resistant band.
- Place the filled papers on a baking sheet and grill or bake for 6 to 10 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
BBQ Grilled Seafood
BBQ Grilled Appetizer