Everyone loves a good cookie, but when camping you don’t always have access to an oven, that is when no-bake cookies become a wonderful option. This version is a sweet chocolate oat mixture.
If feeling adventurous you can substitute some of the oats for rice crispies or other cereals. Add a little dried fruit or nuts for an additional twist. There is a lot of sugar but be careful not to reduce it too much as it is part of the ingredients allowing the cookie to set.
Once the no-bake cookies are made and are set, they act and taste just like normal cookies. However, don’t be tempted to leave them in the sun in a hot car otherwise they will melt again.
No Bake Oat Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups oats
- In a pot combine the sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk.
- Bring the pot to a boil then boil for 1 minute. Be careful not to overcook.
- Stir in the vanilla, peanut butter, and oats, then mix thoroughly.
- Drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto a greased tray then let cool before eating.
More Cookie Recipes
Traditional ANZAC Biscuits
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies