With only two ingredients it is no wonder these are called crazy easy biscuits. What is a wonder is how amazing they are! If you don’t have access to self-rising flour, it is easy enough to make your own at home.
But with easy things, there is a catch. In this case, it is just to make sure you use the ingredients as designated. Self-rising flour is needed, so no additional baking powder or soda is required. Whipping cream is used as it has a higher fat content than other creams, and is needed because there is no butter.
Once made they taste great and if you don’t tell anyone they will never know that you didn’t use a traditional longer method. You can serve them plain or split them and serve with jam and butter. They are so good you may want to make a double batch!
Crazy Easy Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream (thickened cream)
- baking tray
- Preheat the camp oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a bowl add the flour and make a well in the middle. Pour the cream into the flour well.Tip: If you only have all-purpose flour you can make your own self-rising flour by adding ½ teaspoon salt and 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder.
- Using a butter knife start stirring in the middle slowly working out until all the flour is combined into the dough. The dough will look fairly dry.
- Pour the bowl contents out onto a clean bench-top. Knead gently only until well combined; be careful not to overwork.
- Flatten to about 1/2-inch (1.5cm) then cut out the biscuits. Recombine the dough until just combined, flatten, then cut. Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Place the biscuits on a greased baking tray with a good gap between each.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Serve hot.
More Biscuit Recipes
Beef in a Biscuit
Dutch Oven Baking
Dutch Oven Buttermilk Biscuits
Dutch Oven Baking