This is a great example of a ridiculously easy recipe having a fancy French name, Chantilly Cream, and everyone thinking it is more than it is.
Once you have made cream this way you will never do it any other way.
Chantilly cream can be used simply to serve alongside desserts or can be used in baked goods that are being served immediately.
Chantilly Cream Recipe
- 2 cups whipping cream (thickened cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar (icing sugar)
- In a bowl add the cold cream and whisk until thick and starting to hold peaks.
- Add the vanilla and sugar then continue whisking until well combined and holding peaks.