The perfect dessert for kids embracing the messiness of the outdoors is found in these chocolate pudding dirt cups. Sweet and fun to eat, kids will love the “gross-out” factor of eating dirt and worms.
These pudding cups are easy to make using instant chocolate pudding and simple garnishes. Best of all, the result does surprisingly look like dirt in a cup. The gummy worm adds great color as well as context.
If you are feeling adventurous, this is a great dessert that can be prepared by kids all by themselves. Whether in a family environment or something more structured like a cub scout camp, it is a fun group activity.
Chocolate Pudding Dirt Cups Recipe
- 2 packages chocolate pudding mix
- milk as per pudding instructions
- 6 chocolate cookies crushed
- 6 gummy worms or snake lollies
- 6 cups
- In a bowl make the chocolate pudding packet mix with the milk, whisking until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate pudding mix evenly among the 6 cups. Place in a cooler to set for 1 hour.
- Garnish the chocolate pudding with the chocolate cookie crumbs, which look like dirt, then add a gummy worm on top. Serve straight away otherwise, the crumbs may become soggy.
Dutch Oven Dessert