This is a delightful little Halloween dessert and is not at all what it looks like. It is not actually a cocktail as it looks, but jello, and there is definitely no blood involved. A very easy-to-make dessert for Halloween that is a sweet treat for kids and parents alike.
The jello can be made in real glasses or in disposable ones. By making it in a glass it gives it a pleasant spin on looking like a drink. It also is great for standing events, making it easy to hold and eat while mingling with friends.
The rim of the glass is simply done and gives it even more of a cocktail-looking twist. It is also a nice novelty for kids who may not have seen this before. The glass is simply dipped in water and then jello crystals.
Halloween Blood Jello Dessert Recipe
- 2 packets red jello (raspberry or strawberry)
- 1 cup water
- 1 large heatproof bowl
- 6 disposable glasses (wine or cocktail glasses work well)
- 2 shallow dishes
- Follow the instructions on the jello packet to make one batch of jello. Let sit to cool to room temperature.
- Place the second packet of jello crystals in a shallow dish.
- Place water in the second shallow dish.
- Dip the disposable glass rims into the water, then into the jell0 crystals to create a red rim on the glass. Set aside until the prepared jello is cooled.
- Pour the prepared red jello into the rimmed disposable glasses. Chill for about 6 hours to set.